Wednesday, August 15, 2007

cyberdog says rave




So admittedly I haven’t done my research on this one, so I can’t tell you how long Cyberdog has been around, or who started it or whatever. But all I really need to know I found out in my visit to the store.

It’s in Camden Market in London, england, and it was the most intense shopping experience I have ever encountered. The store was all done up like a night club, including half naked gay pole dancers and a dj spinning hard psy-trance. It had every item imaginable in fluorescent plastic, from coasters and cup holders to crazy fake cyborg arm warmer thingies.

Here are some photos that we worked hard for, getting scolded by the staff and eventually asked to leave.







Ps. I decided that it would be really fun to try and apply for a job there because each and every employee had rainbow hair, Mohawks or silicone hair extensions, mad face piercings, and obviously a closet full of merchandise. I was wondering how openly they would discriminate against people applying, as well as secretly hoping that I would be cool enough. Turns out they need an application filled out and a photo, but they were out of applications, and I don’t have THAT much time to waste…

pss. Yes, those ARE a selection of fluo chaps...not one, a SELECTION....

No comments: