Friday, October 5, 2007

Everything Old is New...

Everything in fashion really does go in circles, doesn't it? I clearly remember begging my mother NOT to wear her one piece leopard print leotard in the eighties and here I am posting photos from the same eighties Italian Vogues that she used to read... Bodysuits are the perfect example. I'd say that American Apparel is pretty much responsible for bringing it back - but look at the original by Gianni Versace circa 1982:



I'd take that over the American Apparel one. And over the new Martin Margiela version, too:



And of course, Gianni doesn't deserve all the credit. Julie Newmar, the original catwoman deserves at least a nod:



I love catsuits...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the fall issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=youtube downloader 2.4 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the black methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg